|Location||Raubex Construction (Pty) Ltd||Client|
|Warden, Free State||
The Cornelis River Dam project demonstrates Raubex Construction’s diverse capabilities and ability to deliver large scale civil infrastructure projects, on time and to the client’s satisfaction.
Raubex Construction was awarded the contract in September 2016 by the Free State’s Phumelela Local Municipality to secure the water supply to Warden and Zenzeleni through the construction of an earth fill storage dam.
The project scope included:
- Construction of an access road;
- Testing and grouting of foundation;
- Construction of earthen embankment with clay core;
- Construction of a concrete spillway with fish ladder;
- Construction of concrete inlet tower;
- Construction of inlet tower access bridge; and
- Installation of outlet pipes.
Raubex Construction began works in October 2016 and completed the project within the planned timeline on 10 July 2018.